Measuring the strength of a workplace

Measuring the strength of a workplace (or being a great manager) can be simplified to twelve questions and here are they;

1) Do I know what is expected of me at work?
2) Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
3) At work do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
4) In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for good work?
5) Does my supervisor or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
6) Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
7) At work, do my opinions seem to count?
8) Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel like my work is important?
9) Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
10) Do I have the best friend at work?
11) In the last six months, have I talked with someone about my progress?
12) At work, have I had opportunities to learn and grow?

These 12 questions are the simplest and the most accurate way to measure the strength of the work place. A project manager’s challenge is to ensure that the team scores high on these 12 questions at every instance of project life span. Is it that difficult?. The answer is both 'YES' and 'NO'. It is not impossible at least.

Comments

Popular Posts